firm Parrs started in Parr Street, Lower Parkstone, in 1949 making crisps and
chewing gum. After the factory burnt down, the company relocated to Alder Road,
Branksome in the late 1960s.
the 1980s the company began mass producing jellied sweets including jelly
babies, wine gums and fruit jellies.
was once the world’s biggest manufacturer of lettered rock, employing more than
200 people and exporting as far afield as Australia and New Zealand.
Queen was presented with a special souvenir stick of Parrs rock during a visit
to Bournemouth in 2004.
site in Scarborough was opened in 2008. Parrs continuous to be a prominent and
respected name in the confectionery industry. The company now specialises in honeycomb,
toffee and chocolate apples and kits.